Short post today, to scream my frustration into the aether. You recall that when Team Oakleaf got together, we had a bit of a confusion over Twine 1.4, which I’d written in, and Twine 2 the shiny new version, which my teammate had downloaded. I hadn’t done much in my version, so we had the chance to choose which we should use.
Cat left the decision to me, and the more experienced Twiner (!), I plumped for 1.4 because the image and (particularly) sound handing seemed better in that version. So one we went, Cat has turned in a couple of brilliant aural models, one of which has to be heard to be believed. I got most of the way with the Twine until all I had to do was create a way for readers to change a variable, without linking to a new passage.
Two days I’ve spent on that. Using up all the time I’d planned to work on my Team Infopointers project.
Can’t be done – except in Twine 2